You can put this in tacos, burritos, barbecue sandwiches, nachos. I even made cubanos with it and they were amazing.
If you are a foodie like myself and you enjoy spicy meats with cold beer this is the slow cooker recipe you have been waiting for.
Paddock Barbacoa Pork Shoulder
All amounts and ingredients are subject to change do to your dietary needs and/or preference. Items listed are for an 8-quart crock-pot.
- 2ea cans green chilies (mild, fire-roasted)
- 2ea cans chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/8 cup chili powder
- 1/8 cup cumin
- 3 tbs onion powder
- 3 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs chipotle powder
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- Place a slow cooker liner into your crock-pot bowl for easy clean up.
- Remove pork shoulder from packaging in a clean sink and begin cutting the shoulder into workable portions and rinsing under cold water.
- Place portions on cutting board and cut into 2 – 3in chunks and put into crock-pot, make a layer just covering the bottom.
- Empty 1ea can of green chilies and chipotle peppers into the crock-pot. Optionally you can put in half of the seasoning (garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin). Add lime juice and broth and mix together just to coat the pieces.
- Finish filling the crock-pot with the chunks of pork and the remaining cans of chilies and peppers, then sprinkle the seasoning over the top, ***Caution*** Do not overfill the crock pot, fill it up about 2in below where the lid rests on the pot.
- Cover and place on high for approx 8hrs (This will depend on your crock-pot, some heat up faster than others). Check around the 6th hr to see if the meat can be easily shredded with a fork, if it isn’t cover and give it more time and check periodically.
- Once it is easy to shred with a fork, remove from the crock-pot, shred, and serve. Optionally you can shred the meat and return it to the crock-pot and let it soak up some of the juices for about 10mins. There will be pepper still in the meat, you can remove them if you want.
Be sure to check out my RedBubble page and all the awesome items I have available for you to buy for your next taco night. #tshirtchef77